VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide
I Am Cuba poster

2h 21m1964

I Am Cuba

Soy Cuba

Drama

7.9/10

TMDB rating · 262 votes

Watch trailer Add to watchlist Recommend

Streaming guide

Where to watch I Am Cuba

Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Official video vault

Trailers & videos

Story

Synopsis

A study in contrasts set in and around Havana that explores Cuba's 1959 revolution: a young woman's fascination with the excess of an American-owned casino leads to her downfall in the eyes of her street vendor boyfriend; a tenant farmer revolts the only way he knows how, attacking the land he works; university students gain first-hand knowledge of political upheaval; and, in the hills outside the city, the members of a poor peasant family are patriotically swept up into the burgeoning revolt.

Director
Mikhail Kalatozov
Writers
Nina Glagoleva, Enrique Pineda Barnet, Yevgeny Yevtushenko
Language
Spanish; Castilian
Country
Cuba, Soviet Union
Release date
26 October 1964
Budget
$600,000

Ensemble

Cast

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of I Am Cuba yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about I Am Cuba

Start a discussion

No discussions about I Am Cuba yet. Start the first one.