

1h 55m1968
I Was Nineteen
Ich war neunzehn
DramaHistoryWar
Streaming guide
Where to watch I Was Nineteen
Free
No payment or subscriptionSubscription
Included if you subscribeAvailability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.
Story
Synopsis
A young soldier enters Germany with Soviet troops at the end of WWII, feeling like a stranger in his homeland. As he meets Germans, he grapples with his ambivalence, realizing he is both a victor and one of the vanquished. His inquisitive nature leads him to confront the atrocities and lies he encounters along the way.
- Director
- Konrad Wolf
- Writers
- Konrad Wolf, Wolfgang Kohlhaase, Gerhard Wolf
- Language
- German
- Country
- East Germany
- Release date
- 1 February 1968
Ensemble
Cast

Jaecki Schwarz
Gregor Hecker

Vasiliy Livanov
Wadim

Rolf Hoppe
Etappenmajor Behring

Galina Polskikh
Sowjetisches Mädchen

Jürgen Hentsch
Oberleutnant Schenk, Adjutant

Kurt Böwe
SS-Sturmbannführer

Hermann Beyer
Zweiter befreiter Häftling

Mikhail Gluzskiy
Sowjetisches General

Jenny Gröllmann
deutsches Mädchen

Wolfgang Greese
Landschaftsarchitekt

Johannes Wieke
Oberst Lewerenz
Fritz Mohr
Feldwebel
Community verdicts
Reviews
No reviews of I Was Nineteen yet. Be the first to write one.
Community
Discussions about I Was Nineteen
No discussions about I Was Nineteen yet. Start the first one.


