
PG1h 45m1980
Why Would I Lie?
“Lies, lies, lies. What a funny way to begin a love affair.”
ComedyDrama
Streaming guide
Where to watch Why Would I Lie?
Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.
Story
Synopsis
Cletus is a compulsive liar. He prefers the term 'fabrication' to lie though. When Cletus becomes a social worker he's assigned the case of a boy called Jorge (with a 'J') who was taken from his mother. Cletus sets out to reunite Jorge with his mother, but to do so he has to fabricate many a story to keep Jorge from being adopted. In search of the mother, Cletus meets and falls in love with a women's advice councillor.
- Director
- Larry Peerce
- Writers
- Peter Stone
- Language
- English
- Country
- United States of America
- Release date
- 10 August 1980
- Budget
- $4,500,000
- Box office
- $1,175,855
Ensemble
Cast

Treat Williams
Cletus

Lisa Eichhorn
Kay

Gabriel Macht
Jeorge
Susan Heldfond
Amy

Anne Byrne Hoffman
Faith

Valerie Curtin
Mrs. Bok

Jocelyn Brando
Mrs. Crumpe

Nicolas Coster
Walter

Severn Darden
Dr. Barbour

Sonny Carl Davis
Paul
Jane Burkett
Natalie
Kay Cummings
Edith
Community verdicts
Reviews
No reviews of Why Would I Lie? yet. Be the first to write one.
Community
Discussions about Why Would I Lie?
No discussions about Why Would I Lie? yet. Start the first one.