VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide
Brain Operations poster

22m2009

Brain Operations

Streaming guide

Where to watch Brain Operations

We don't know of anywhere to stream, rent or buy Brain Operations in United States right now.

Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Story

Synopsis

An homage to Op-Art, Brain Operations was inspired by an optical illusion produced by checkered tiles on the artist's bathroom floor. "When editing 16mm film, I had reached for a strand and closed my hand on nothing," Jacobs explains. "I had visually coupled similar-appearing frames, popping them forward in space. It was a life-changing moment...I'm staring down and the tiles come up almost to my nose." In this work, he opts for squares and diamonds—"tilted squares"—which produce the same chimera of depth, at the convergence of sightlines.

Director
Ken Jacobs
Language
English
Release date
9 September 2009

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of Brain Operations yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about Brain Operations

Start a discussion

No discussions about Brain Operations yet. Start the first one.