VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide
Sincerity I poster

27m1973

Sincerity I

5.7/10

TMDB rating · 3 votes

Add to watchlist Recommend

Streaming guide

Where to watch Sincerity I

We don't know of anywhere to stream, rent or buy Sincerity I in United States right now.

Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Story

Synopsis

This, the first completed reel of work-in-progress, draws on autobiographical energies and images which reflect the first 20 years of my living. I have three definitions of the word Sincerity to sustain my working along these lines of thought with this autobiographical material: (1) Ezra Pound's marvelous mistranslation of a Chinese ideogram – Sincerity... the sun's lance coming to rest on the precise spot verbally...(of which I would change, for my purposes, the last word to visually), (2) Robert Creeley's trace-of-the-word for me on the back of a Buffalo restaurant menu Sym-keros... same-growth (Ceres) CREATE... of the same growth, and (3) Hollis Frampton's track-of-it to 'the greek', viz – 'a glazed pot (i. e. one which will hold water).' This film might best be seen, then, as a graph of light equivalent to autobiographical thought process.

Director
Stan Brakhage
Language
English
Country
United States of America
Release date
20 May 1973

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of Sincerity I yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about Sincerity I

Start a discussion

No discussions about Sincerity I yet. Start the first one.