VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide
I, Claude Monet poster

1h 27m2017

I, Claude Monet

“"My head is bursting, I want to paint it all."”

Documentary

6.2/10

TMDB rating · 6 votes

Watch trailer Add to watchlist Recommend

Streaming guide

Where to watch I, Claude Monet

Free

No payment or subscription

Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Official video vault

Trailers & videos

Story

Synopsis

From award-winning director Phil Grabsky comes this fresh new look at arguably the world’s favourite artist – through his own words. Using letters and other private writings I, Claude Monet reveals new insight into the man who not only painted the picture that gave birth to impressionism but who was perhaps the most influential and successful painter of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Despite this, and perhaps because of it, Monet’s life is a gripping tale about a man who, behind his sun-dazzled canvases, suffered from feelings of depression, loneliness, even suicide. Then, as his art developed and his love of gardening led to the glories of his garden at Giverney, his humour, insight and love of life is revealed. Shot on location in Paris, London, Normandy and Venice I, Claude Monet is a cinematic immersion into some of the most loved and iconic scenes in Western Art.

Director
Phil Grabsky
Language
English
Country
United Kingdom
Release date
14 February 2017

Ensemble

Cast

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of I, Claude Monet yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about I, Claude Monet

Start a discussion

No discussions about I, Claude Monet yet. Start the first one.