

PG-132h 12m2001
I Am Sam
“Love is all you need.”
Drama
Streaming guide
Where to watch I Am Sam
Free with ads
No payment; ads play$ Rent
Pay once, watch for a limited timeAvailability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.
Official video vault
Trailers & videos
Story
Synopsis
Sam, a neurodivergent man, has a daughter with a homeless woman who abandons them when they leave the hospital, leaving Sam to raise Lucy on his own. But as Lucy grows up, Sam's limitations as a parent start to become a problem and the authorities take her away. Sam convinces high-priced lawyer Rita to take his case pro bono and in turn teaches her the value of love and family.
- Director
- Jessie Nelson
- Writers
- Jessie Nelson, Kristine Johnson
- Language
- English
- Country
- United States of America, Germany
- Release date
- 28 December 2001
- Budget
- $22,000,000
- Box office
- $92,542,418
Ensemble
Cast

Sean Penn
Sam Dawson

Michelle Pfeiffer
Rita Harrison Williams

Dianne Wiest
Annie Cassell

Dakota Fanning
Lucy Diamond Dawson

Richard Schiff
Mr. Turner

Loretta Devine
Margaret Calgrove

Marin Hinkle
Patricia

Laura Dern
Randy Carpenter

Brad Silverman
Brad
Joseph Rosenberg
Joe

Stanley DeSantis
Robert

Doug Hutchison
Ifty
Community verdicts
Reviews
No reviews of I Am Sam yet. Be the first to write one.
Community
Discussions about I Am Sam
No discussions about I Am Sam yet. Start the first one.









