
Streaming guide
Where to watch Martha and I
Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.
Story
Synopsis
Emil (Vaclav Chalupa as a teen, Ondrej Vetchy as an adult) has been naughty, and his family is at a loss about what to do with him. He's been dallying with the family maid. They decide to ship him off to spend time with his uncle Ernst Michel Piccoli), who married his family maid. The boy has a good relationship with his uncle, and a touching picture of Czech family life just at the advent of World War II emerges. Since Emil and Ernst are both Jewish, they are eventually carted away by the Nazis.
- Director
- Jiří Weiss
- Writers
- Jiří Weiss
- Language
- French
- Country
- Germany, France
- Release date
- 1 September 1990
Ensemble
Cast

Marianne Sägebrecht
Martha

Michel Piccoli
Ernst

Klaus Grünberg
Berthold

Michael Kausch
Werner

Václav Chalupa
Emil

Ondřej Vetchý
Emil (older)

Božidara Turzonovová
Jana Březinová
Ida Fuchs

Soňa Valentová
Elsa Fuchs

Vladimír Brabec
Kluge

Jana Altmannová

Zuzana Kocúriková
Ilona
Community verdicts
Reviews
No reviews of Martha and I yet. Be the first to write one.
Community
Discussions about Martha and I
No discussions about Martha and I yet. Start the first one.