VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide

1h 40m1939

I Refuse to Testify

Ich verweigere die Aussage

Drama

7.0/10

TMDB rating · 1 votes

Add to watchlist Recommend

Streaming guide

Where to watch I Refuse to Testify

We don't know of anywhere to stream, rent or buy I Refuse to Testify in United States right now.

Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Story

Synopsis

Nora, the wife of the architect Heinz Ottendorf, feels neglected by her husband. He is getting more and more engrossed in his work, but Nora, apparently a stranger to hard work, suspects that the real reason for her husband's diverted attention must naturally be another woman. Robert, the cousin of Nora's friend Marianne, has long been in love with Nora and sees an opportunity to win her hand. Heinz, for all his distractions in his work and the phantom lover he doesn't have, isn't quite ready to let Nora go. While he may be married to his work, his work is a fickle mistress: he makes a career error and this leads to near financial ruin. He begs Nora to be patient with him. Marianne, who for her part is in love with Heinz, spins a web of deceit and intrigue, which leads to Robert taking a potshot at Heinz and then eventually causing Robert to kill himself.

Director
Otto Linnekogel
Language
German
Country
Germany
Release date
17 March 1939

Ensemble

Cast

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of I Refuse to Testify yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about I Refuse to Testify

Start a discussion

No discussions about I Refuse to Testify yet. Start the first one.