

Streaming guide
Where to watch I Am a Cat
Availability for United States from JustWatch, via TMDB.
Story
Synopsis
Nakadai is an English teacher at a local school. He’s put-upon like the patron figure of dozens of films and televisions shows. Viewers who are especially fans of Nakadai will appreciate how the actor comically rants about here. His home life is almost disastrous, with a ditzy (but attractive) wife, three young children, a loud school nearby that’s controlled by a corrupt businessman he loathes, and frequent visits from layabout friends. And the grey-furred, green-eyed cat!
- Director
- Kon Ichikawa
- Writers
- Toshio Yasumi, Natsume Sōseki
- Language
- Japanese
- Country
- Japan
- Release date
- 31 May 1975
Ensemble
Cast

Tatsuya Nakadai
Kushami

Eiji Okada
Bunmei

Yoko Shimada
Yukie

Tonpei Hidari
Sampei Tatara

Jūzō Itami
Meitei

Shigeru Kōyama
Tojuro Suzuki

Mako Midori
Teacher of Koto

Shinsuke Minami
Kaneda
Kuriko Namino
Mrs. Kaneda

Mariko Okada
Hanako

Hiroko Shino
Tomiko
Yukari Uehara
Osan
Community verdicts
Reviews
No reviews of I Am a Cat yet. Be the first to write one.
Community
Discussions about I Am a Cat
No discussions about I Am a Cat yet. Start the first one.