VIDEOESSStream & discovery guide
I, Actor poster

1h 50m2024

I, Actor

Já, herec

Documentary

Streaming guide

Where to watch I, Actor

We don't know of anywhere to stream, rent or buy I, Actor in Sri Lanka right now.

Availability for Sri Lanka from JustWatch, via TMDB.

Story

Synopsis

A detailed probe into the rehearsal process of the theatre production of I, Feuerbach, based on the play by successful German playwright Tankred Dorst, presents Ivan Řezáč in the leading role of an aging master of acting. This documentary about the preparation of a production based on the principle of theatre on the stage uses filmic means to explore the meaning of the art of theatre and, in the civilian conversations among members of the ensemble outside their roles, reveals that even the actors themselves often grope for the meaning of their profession. In the process, the sometimes humorous and sometimes critical moments during the preparation of a theatrical piece reveal the many pitfalls of collective work in contemporary society.

Director
Martin Ryšavý
Language
Czech
Country
Czech Republic
Release date
25 October 2024

Ensemble

Cast

Community verdicts

Reviews

No reviews of I, Actor yet. Be the first to write one.

Loading…

Community

Discussions about I, Actor

Start a discussion

No discussions about I, Actor yet. Start the first one.